CFP: Poster Session on Undergraduate Research
Poster Session on Undergraduate Research in Philosophy
Thursday January 7, 2017 from 5:15-8:00 at the
Eastern Division Meeting of the
American Philosophical Association
in Baltimore, Maryland.
This session is part of the Teaching Hub
organized by the AAPT and the
APA Committee on the Teaching of Philosophy.
This session will include posters representing philosophical research and projects by undergraduate students. The Selection Committee understands philosophical research in a very broad sense. This may include, but is not limited to, students working directly with faculty to contribute knowledge to the field; student organizations that further the research or study of philosophy in some way; or independent, original student inquiries into an area of philosophy that leads to new knowledge or community engaged research, including study abroad, experiential learning, and service learning experiences.
Posters should try to meet the following specifications:
- Standard poster size is 36 x 48 inches, color on matte paper. Posters can be of a different size, but make sure both the poster and font is large enough for easy readability.
- It is easiest to create your poster as a PowerPoint file. Here are some free PowerPoint poster templates on the web: http://www.makesigns.com/SciPosters_Templates.aspx
- Immediately underneath your name, at the top of the poster under the title, be sure to include the name of your faculty supervisor (e.g., Faculty Supervisor: Professor John Doe) and other committee member(s), if relevant. Clearly identify your institution as well.
- Images used on your poster must be very high resolution. A picture that looks good when it is two inches wide may not look so good if it is 12 inches wide when the poster is printed!
- Finally, read these helpful tips on poster creation: http://colinpurrington.com/tips/poster-design
Send your abstract of no longer than 200 words formatted for anonymous review (please put identifying information on a separate page) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: October 27th.
Notifications of our decision will be made by November 1.
Any questions about posters should also be directed to email@example.com.